Founded in 2012, the Climate Change Coalition of Door County (CCCDC) occupies a unique place in the state environmental community. It serves as a model for action not only to foster individual and community engagement, but also to generate the will necessary to address climate change’s many threats.
CCCDC has worked in many ways to raise awareness of climate change in Door County. We seek to build support both for reducing greenhouse gas emissions and for adapting proactively to already occurring and future impacts. We recognize the crucial need to enlist all who care about the environment.
The Steering Committee is comprised of concerned volunteers willing to execute CCCDC’s mission through Programs, Events, outreach, and media.
Mary Smythe, Co-Chair
- Environmental activist
Roy Thilly, Co-Chair
- Retired CEO WPPI Energy, Chair Gathering Waters Conservancy and co-chair Governor Doyle’s Global Warming Task Force
- Former Executive Director, Third Avenue Playhouse and former Assistant Director, The Ridges
Dr. Anthony A. Gatenby
-Former Technical Director and Senior Research Fellow in biotechnology and life sciences
-Retired from financial sales
-Program Manager, The Ridges
-Herbalist and Fundraiser
- Retired Dean, Lawrence University
- Retired writer and editor
- Retired USDA Forest Service Director, Forest Environmental Research
- Administrative Support Coordinator